Eric Hesch is a skilled gastroenterologist that specializes in treating patients both before and after bariatric surgery. About fifteen percent of bariatric surgery patients experience complications post-surgery that range from minor to severe.
Here are some things you can do to help minimize your risk of developing complications after bariatric surgery.
- Find a good surgeon with extensive experience and don’t hesitate to ask the right questions. Most surgeons will offer a free seminar where you can learn about your options and find out about the office’s specific results.
- To ensure you have a successful surgery, follow the doctor’s and nutritionist’s advice.
- Know what to expect before, during, and after surgery. The key to a successful outcome is starting the process with a complete understanding of what is expected.
- Lower your risks by losing as much weight as possible prior to surgery. The lower your body mass index, the lower your risks for complication.
- Prior to your surgery, get to know your bariatric diet and make the appropriate adjustments to your lifestyle.
- The quicker you can get up and start moving after your surgery, the better. Talk with your doctor and develop an appropriate exercise plan so you don’t overdo it.
- Have an effective support system in place before your surgery. It is nearly impossible to succeed without support from those closest to you.
Read in Details About Eric Hesch at Below Profiles: